Cannon Falls Education Foundation supports and promotes excellence in education by providing funding for all types of creative and innovative educational programs and activities that are above and beyond the programs supported by general education dollars. The Foundation's annual pledge drive kicked off on November 1.
Last year alone, a total of $46,000 in teacher/staff requested grants were funded through the Cannon Falls Education Foundation. This included requests such as document cameras for the high school, an amplification system for the elementary school, STEM supplies, music software and more!
As in recent years, the Ed Foundation is utilizing GiveMN's "Give to the Max Day" (held on November 17, 2016) to enhance its pledge drive. GiveMN links donors with organizations that are working to make Minnesota a better place to live. Its online giving website, GiveMN.org, enables charitable giving any time and any place.
Again this year the CFEF will continue the "Club 252" initiative. They are inviting people to join or renew with a gift of $252 or greater. (Cannon Falls is officially Independent School District 252.)
New this year:
If you donate to CFEF, on “Give to the Max Day!”, every donor will be entered in a drawing that will award school supply funds to the teacher of their choice
If we reach:
· $5,000, there will be one drawing for $100.
· $10,000, there will be two drawings, one for $100 and the other for $250.
· $15,000, there will three drawings for each of $100, $250 and $250.
If your name is drawn, your will get to decide which teacher gets those funds.
Please consider donating: every dollar helps!
On November 17, every gift made on GiveMN.org will be entered into an hourly drawing for a $1,000 "GiveMN Golden Ticket" to be awarded to a Minnesota school. That adds up to 24 opportunities for you to help us receive an extra $1,000! At the end of "Give to the Max Day", there will be two randomly selected donations to received a $10,000 "Super-Sized" GiveMN Golden Ticket.
The Education Foundation appreciates any donation. No gift is too small and each one is truly needed. If you choose to donate on GiveMN.org, please note that there is a 6.9% processing fee. If you prefer your entire donation to go toward the CFEF, cash or check may be a better option.
1. Donate online by visiting GiveMN.org any day OR on November 17 to increase our chances of winning a golden ticket prize.
2. Drop your cash or check off on November 17 at Cannon Valley Specialties (Cannon Valley Video) or Freeberg Insurance. Any cash or check donation made this day will be manually entered on the GiveMN website by a member of our board to track our progress throughout the day.
3. Mail a check anytime to "Cannon Falls Education Foundation," 820 E. Minnesota St., Cannon Falls, MN 55009.